- Mitt Romney, who actually has ties back to the company Monsanto, reportedly makes sure his own meals are nothing but organic. Reuters Steve Holland reports from Romney's airplane, "Everything's organic, I'm told, including the ingredients to Romney's favorite, peanut butter and honey sandwiches." Ann Romney even credits a combination of organic foods and holistic medicine for turning her health around after she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1998.
- Walter Scheib, who served as White House executive chef during the Clinton and Bush years, said "the Clinton and Bush families dined regularly on organic foods. Both wagyu and grass-fed beef were frequently used." Scheib was also quoted as saying, Laura Bush was "adamant that in ALL CASES if an organic product was available it was to be used in place of a non-organic product."
- During her pregnancy, Beyonce paid a dietitian to organize a completely natural and organic diet for her. And now uses "only the best" organic products on her baby.
- In China, the organic farms and gardens are only for the elite. The LA Times had a story about how "Many of the nation's best food companies don't promote or advertise. They don't want the public to know that their limited supply is sent to Communist Party officials, dining halls reserved for top athletes, foreign diplomats, and others in the elite classes."
- The Royal Family...Gil Logan, executive chef of Levy Restaurants at the Downs, cooked for Queen Elizabeth II in 2007, and said "The royal family prefers to eat organic, natural foods, and they travel with their own food service staff. But when they saw that I buy as much as I can from local farmers who are growing and raising food without pesticides or hormones or antibiotics, they were quite happy to eat from our regular menu."
- Michelle Obama was quoted in The New Yorker, “You know,” she said, “in my household, over the last year we have just shifted to organic for this very reason. I mean, I saw just a moment in my nine-year-old’s life—we have a good pediatrician, who is very focussed on childhood obesity, and there was a period where he was, like, ‘Mmm, she’s tipping the scale.’ So we started looking through our cabinets. . . . You know, you’ve got fast food on Saturday, a couple days a week you don’t get home. The leftovers, good, not the third day! . . . So that whole notion of cooking on Sunday is out. . . . And the notion of trying to think about a lunch every day! . . . So you grab the Lunchables, right? And the fruit-juice-box thing, and we think—we think—that’s juice. And you start reading the labels and you realize there’s high-fructose corn syrup in everything we’re eating. Every jelly, every juice. Everything that’s in a bottle or a package is like poison in a way that most people don’t even know"
(This is a video of Barack Obama in 2007, promising, if elected, he would force companies to label their product "GMO", if it contained genetically modified ingredients. Not only did he not do this, Obama has placed many people with connections to the genetically modifying food company Monsanto, in high level regulatory positions. In the first three years of the Obama Administration, 10 different genetically engineered crops, and even a genetically modified animal, have been approved by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), according to Food & Water Watch.)
Post a Comment